A Guide to the Bank of Blacksburg Minute Book, 1892-1903 Bank of Blacksburg Minute Book Ms1983-004

Bank of Blacksburg Minute Book, 1892-1903

A Collection in
Special Collections
Collection Number Ms1983-004


[logo]

Special Collections, Virginia Tech

Special Collections, University Libraries (0434)
560 Drillfield Drive
Newman Library, Virginia Tech
Blacksburg, Virginia 24061
USA
Phone: (540) 231-6308
Fax: (540) 231-3694
Email: specref@vt.edu
URL: http://spec.lib.vt.edu/

© 2014 By Virginia Tech. All rights reserved.

Processed by: Ashley Wellens, Student Volunteer and Kira A. Dietz, Archivist, Special Collections

Repository
Special Collections, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, Va.
Collection Number
Ms1983-004
Title
Bank of Blacksburg Minute Book, 1892-1903
Physical Characteristics
0.1 cu. ft.
Language
English
Abstract
The Bank of Blacksburg Minute Book collection consists of photocopies of the minutes of stockholders' and directors' meetings between the years 1892-1903.

Administrative Information

Access Restrictions

Collection is open for research.

Use Restrictions

Permission to publish material from Bank of Blacksburg Minute Book must be obtained from Special Collections, Virginia Tech.

Preferred Citation

Researchers wishing to cite this collection should include the following information: Bank of Blacksburg Minute Book, Ms1983-004, Special Collections, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, Va.

Acquisition Information

The Bank of Blacksburg Minute Book collection was acquired by Special Collections prior to 1983.

Processing Information

The processing, arrangement, and description of the Bank of Blacksburg Minute Book was completed in 1983. Additional description was completed in April 2011.


Historical Note

Established in 1891, The Bank of Blacksburg was later renamed in 1922 the National Bank of Blacksburg. The bank was first located inside the Green Hotel, later, the Colonial Inn. In 1901, the bank moved its location to Conway Street which is located off of Main Street. In 1921, the bank moved its location again to the northwest corner of Main and Roanoke streets. The founder and President of the Bank of Blacksburg was Alexander Black.

Scope and Content

The Bank of Blacksburg Minute Book collection consists of photocopies of the minutes of stockholders' and directors' meetings between the years 1892-1903.

Index Terms

    Subjects:

  • Blacksburg (Va.)
  • Local/Regional History and Appalachian South
  • Montgomery County (Va.)

Contents List

Folder 1
Minute book, 1892-1903